News Notes

Absentee ballot request forms are available

Voters interested in voting by absentee ballot during the 2022 election year can request absentee ballots now, using the State Election Board’s online OK Voter Portal, or download and print an application from the State Election Board website, according to County Election Board Secretaries.
Applications are also available at the County Election Board offices, and can be emailed, faxed, or mailed to the County Election Board.
Voters can request ballots for a single election or all elections in which they are eligible to vote during the election year. Interested voters will need to submit a new request for the 2022 election year.
The deadline to request an absentee ballot for the Tues., Feb. 8 election is Tues., Jan. 24 at 5:00 p.m.
The list of elections is available on the State Election website.
Questions may be directed to the Election Board Secretaries. The board secretaries and phone numbers in the Shopper’s distribution area are: Garvin County, Gayla Dean, 405-238-3303; McClain County, Karen Haley, 405-527-3121; Grady County, Katrina Hughes, 405-224-1430.
The Garvin County Election Board is located inside the Garvin County Courthouse in Pauls Valley, First Floor, Room 8. Their hours are 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday.
The McClain County Election Board office is in Room 101, at 121 N. 2nd Ave. in Purcell (inside the McClain County Courthouse). Their website is
The Grady County Election Board office is located in the District Attorney Complex at 307 W. Pennsylvania Ave. in Chickasha.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s